About Dr. Candace Moody
Dr. Candace Moody MD, MS is a seasoned medical professional, serving the healthcare community for over 20 years.
Dr. Moody initially practiced as an academic surgeon in both St. Louis, Missouri and Detroit, Michigan before moving into community practice after the birth of her children.
In 2016, she had the opportunity to pursue a Breast Surgery fellowship in Hamilton, New Zealand. It was there that Dr. Moody learned the skill and artistry that was a standard of care in breast reconstruction surgery there. This led her to broaden her interest in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and to further hone her surgical skills.
Dr. Moody has recently relocated to the Atlanta area and has joined WIFH in order to add her skill set to the practice.
- Wayne State University, Medical Post Baccalaureate Program- Detroit, MI (1992-1993)
- Howard University, Bachelor of Science, Microbiology- Washington, DC (1988-May1992)
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine – Detroit, MI, (1993-1997)
- National Medical Fellowship(1994-1995)
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Wayne State University School of Medicine- Detroit, MI (2006-2009)
- Assistant Professor of Surgery- Forest Park, St. Louis, MI (2004-2005)
- Internship and Residency in General Surgery, The Brooklyn Hospital Center – Brooklyn, NY, (1997-2002)
Certifications & Licensure
- Cynosure Certificate of Achievement – Comprehensive Hands-On Training Program Using the SLT II Laser System, M094E1, (June, 2022)
- American Board of Surgery, (2002-Present)
- Medical License in Michigan, Kentucky, Alabama, and Georgia (current)
- Medical License in Missouri (2004-2007)
- Medical License in Texas (2002-2007)
- Fellowship in Breast Surgery, Wakiato District Health Board – Hamilton, New Zealand, (2016)
- Advanced Laparoscopic Fellowship, Texas Endosurgery Institute – San Antonio, TX, (2003)
- National Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Atlanta Medical Association
- Detroit Medical Society
- Society for Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons- Texas Chapter
- Society of American Gastroenterology