About Shayna Flash
Shayna Flash is a licensed Physician Assistant and certified Senior Cosmetic Laser Practitioner with more than 14 years of laser experience. Shayna administers treatment for laser hair removal, tattoo removal, vein treatments and skin rejuvenation procedures. She is also a highly skilled injector of Botox and cosmetic facial fillers.
Shayna currently sits on the Georgia Composite Medical Board’s Cosmetic Laser Services Advisory Committee to develop rules, regulations, and application materials for both Senior and Assistant practitioner levels of licensure.
Shayna holds a Master of Science in public health and a Bachelor of Science, physician assistant, from Nova Southeastern University in Miami, Florida, as well as a Bachelor of Science in microbiology from The University of Georgia. Prior to her working at WIFH she worked in emergency medicine and internal medicine.
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Science, Microbiology – Athens, Georgia, (1988-1992)
- Nova Southeastern University, Bachelor of Science, Physician Assistant – Broward County, Florida, (1992-1996)
- Nova Southeastern University, Master of Science, Public Health – Broward County, Florida – (1994-1996)
- Senior Cosmetic Laser Practitioner, licensed by the Georgia Composite Medical Board, (2014-Present)
- Physician Assistant, licensed by the Georgia Composite Medical Board, (1997-Present)
Certifications & Training
- Cynosure Certificate of Achievement – Comprehensive Hands-On Training Program Using the ICON IPL Aesthetic Laser System with MaxG, Ys, (January 2018)
- Cynosure Certificate of Achievement – Comprehensive Hands-On Training Program Using the ICON IPL Aesthetic Laser System with 1540, (September 2018)
- Allergan New Generation filler hands-on injector training: Juvederm Voluma XC, Vollure XC and Volbella XC, (August 2017)
- Juvederm Volbella XC Injection Training, (November 2016)
- Allergan Botox Training, (November 2016)
- Allergan Medical Institute Hands-on injector training (Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Vollure XC, Juvederm Voluma XC, (May 2019)
- Cynosure Sculpsure training, (June 2017)
- BLS/ACLS Certified
- The Georgia Composite Medical Board’s Cosmetic Laser Services Advisory Committee
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Georgia Association of Physician Assistants
Publishing / Presentation History
- “Adding Aesthetics to the OB-GYN Practice.” Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America. Volume 37. Number 4 (2010): 475-486. Print
- “Benefits of Graduate Level Education Residencies for Physician Assistants in Family Medicine, Surgery and Emergency Medicine and the Impact on Health Care in Underserved Areas” presented at the National Physician Assistant Convention, New York City, May 1996