Getting Dermal & Facial Fillers in Atlanta
About Botox® & Facial Fillers
For patients new to the injectable world, it can be tough to determine exactly what is needed and where. In most cases, what a patient needs is based on where they need it: the upper face is corrected with Botox®; the mid-face is corrected with Voluma; the lower face and lip are corrected/augmented with Juvederm XC, and Volbella XC1 & 2.
Botox®, Juvederm and Voluma are all quick and easy treatments. Patients may need just one of these or maybe a combination. We can tailor each patient’s treatments to be as subtle or dramatic as the patient would like. It’s a quick, affordable way to turn back time. Call and schedule a consultation and treatment.
1. Ballin AC (2015). Dermal fillers: an update. American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. 2016; 16(4): Pages 271-283. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26081021
2. Moradi A (2015). Current Concepts in Filler Injection. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2015; 23(4) 489-494. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26505545
Juvederm XC: Lower Face Dermal Fillers
The lower face can be a bit more complex, but anything that needs correcting can be done with Juvederm.
Concerns patients have about the lower face include the lines around the mouth, also known as parenthesis and officially named nasolabial folds; lack of fullness in the lips; lines around the lip border often called smokers’ lines; and lines from the lower corners of the mouth down toward the chin referred to as marionette lines.
Juvederm XC is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler. Many people ask, “what’s the difference between Voluma and Juvederm?” The biggest differences are the molecular weight/thickness and the cross linking of the hyaluronic acid molecule3.
What it really comes down to is where the products are going to be injected. Because Voluma is used in the cheek area, it’s being injected just above the bone and it needs to build upward so that it can mimic the natural cheek structure. Juvederm is used to fill more surface lines so it is injected within the dermis, and it bonds to the water found in the skin giving a very natural, soft look and feeling4.
3. de Maio M (2017). Facial Assessment and Injection Guide for Botulinum Toxin and Injectable Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: Focus on the Lower Face. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2017; 140(3): Pages 393e-404e. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28841604
4. Fagien S (2013). Juvederm ultra for lip enhancement: an open-label, multicenter study. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2013; 33(3): Pages 414-420. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23515385
Volbella XC for Lip Enhancement & Smoker's Lines
Volbella is one of the newest dermal fillers on the market that’s quickly become a popular choice. Similar to Vollure, Volbella is also a part of the Juvederm family of facial fillers.
Volbella is an FDA-approved hyaluronic acid filler that’s used to enhance lip fullness and soften the appearance of “smoker’s lines” above and around the mouth5. Volbella is among the few injectables that’s highly effective in smoothing the fine lines above the lips, as well as fine lines on the cheeks.
Juvederm Volbella is formulated with Vycross technology, which blends different molecular weights of hyaluronic acid to deliver natural-looking results that last for about one year6. What makes Volbella a popular choice compared to other dermal fillers is that it’s a soft, malleable product that effectively planes superficial lines around the mouth without adding too much volume or projection of the lip7.
5. Goodman GJ (2015). Current Concepts in the Use of Voluma, Volift, and Volbella. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 2015; 136(5): Pages 139S-148S. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26441094
6. Calvisi, L (2017). Rejuvenation of the perioral and lip regions with two new dermal fillers: The Italian experience with Vycross™ Technology. Journal of Cosmetic Laser Therapy. 2017; 19(1): Pages 54-58. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27762646
7. Raspaldo H (2015). Juvéderm volbella with lidocaine for lip and perioral enhancement: a prospective, randomized, controlled trial. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Global Open. 2015; 3(3): Page e321. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25878932
Juvederm Voluma: Mid-Face Dermal Fillers
The mid-face is corrected with Voluma. This is a fairly new product designed to create that subtle volume in the cheek area that depletes as we age8. Voluma competes with other fillers like Sculptra and Radiesse that have historically been used for the cheek and midline face.
When comparing these dermal fillers, Voluma wins out in several ways for us. Results from Sculptra are gradual and patients will need several injections. Once injected it encourages the body to make new collagen to plump and give the face volume9.
Radiesse is a calcium-based product and is often used to lift the mid face and restore volume loss in the cheek area. It can also be used in the lower face as well. This is injected deeper into the dermis10. We used to offer this product several years ago and while results were great patients commented that they could feel the product below the skin.
Voluma is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler that is injected into the cheek area to rebuild and restore volume loss that tends to deplete and succumb to gravity as we get older11. Many people begin to lose volume in their thirties, but what people tend to notice more are the lines that begin to form from their nose to their mouth.
By plumping and restoring the cheek area, it lifts the lower face upward, softening those lines around the mouth and creating cheeks again. Voluma typically lasts for about 2 years
8. Philipp-Dormston WG (2014). A prospective, observational study of the volumizing effect of open-label aesthetic use of Juvéderm® VOLUMA® with Lidocaine in mid-face area. Journal of Cosmetic Laser Therapy. 2014; 16(4): Pages 171-179. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24689357
9. Keni SP (2007). Sculptra (injectable poly-L-lactic acid). Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2007; 15(1): Pages 91-97. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17317560
10. Gravier, MH (2007). Calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse) for correction of the mid- and lower face: consensus recommendations. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 2007; 120(6 Suppl): Pages 55S-66S. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18090343
11. Baumann L (2015). Volumizing Hyaluronic Acid Filler for Midface Volume Deficit: Results After Repeat Treatment. Dermatologic Surgery. 2015; 41 Suppl: Pages S284-S292. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26618455
Botox® for Forehead, Frown Lines & Crows Feet
For patients with lines on the forehead, crow’s feet, or frown lines between the eyes, Botox® can help. Botox® is made from a purified botulinum toxin. It works by limiting the movement of the treated facial muscles12.
We have had many patients that have been shy to try Botox®. They say they don’t want their faces to be frozen or that they are afraid to inject poison in their faces.
The frozen face concern probably comes from seeing so many in Hollywood that have been overdone. Botox® is a customizable treatment. We will ask patients what their areas of concern are and how much or how little movement they would like to have. Patients can still have movement in the treated area with Botox®, if that is the look they desire. The more Botox® injected the less movement a patient will have.
For patients who have never tried Botox® before, we will start them out conservatively. They can always add more. It can take up to 2 weeks for Botox® to take full effect. What patients will notice is less and less movement each day. Rarely do patients bruise with Botox®, but anytime a needle enters the skin, it can happen and it’s very hard to predict.
12. Cohen S (2018). Forehead Lift Using Botulinum Toxin. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2018; 38(3): Pages 312-320. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29040367
Which Facial Filler is Right for You?
Benefits of Choosing an Allergan Diamond Partner
WIFH is proud to be recognized as a Diamond Partner by Allergan, the maker of many of our most popular skin products and treatments, including Botox, Juvederm, Volbella, Voluma and Latisse.
Diamond status is a distinction earned by just 4% of Allergan providers in the country. Our patients return time and time again to our trusted expert injectors and specially priced Allergan products – a perk of our Diamond status.
Belotero by Merz
There are many hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers available, but they all work a little differently. While some build volume, Belotero is uniquely designed to blend into the natural structure of the skin to treat moderate to severe deep, etched-in lines and wrinkles.
Belotero is soft and flexible so it looks and feels natural.
It’s a great choice to treat:
- The vertical lines above and around the lips
- Neck creases
- Under eye (tear troughs)
½ syringe $350
Full syringe $700