About Dr. Paul E. Cox
Medical Director of WIFH in Atlanta, Dr. Paul Cox MD, MS is a seasoned medical professional, serving the Atlanta-area community for nearly 20 years.
Dr. Cox completed his internship and residency in Family Medicine at Atlanta Medical Center in downtown Atlanta in 2002. That same year he established his solo practice as Paramount Family Medicine PC. Dr. Cox chose family medicine based on his strong belief that patient care means addressing health, vitality, and happiness, not just the absence of disease.
This philosophy naturally led to questioning the prevailing attitudes of healthcare in the 21st century. Dr. Cox entered into this arena was becoming educated in cosmetic botox treatments in the early 2000’s. He added facial fillers and Sculptra shortly after and has performed thousands of injectable procedures.
Seeking out sound evidence based treatments to issues that were often attributed to “normal aging” led him to the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M), a global organization that is dedicated to research and teaching health professionals the latest technology and treatments available to help us age well. He enrolled in the fellowship program in 2008 and completed both written and oral board exams by 2010. He also trained in subcutaneous implant (pellet) hormone therapy with the late Gino Tutuera in 2011. He has the reputation among his patients as being Atlanta’s “hormone whisperer”. Dr. Cox firmly believes that optimized hormone levels are essential to aging well.
Dr. Cox was one of the first physicians in Atlanta trained in Smartlipo in 2007. He performed Smartlipo at Blue Medspa from 2007-2011 and at LaserMed in Alpharetta from 2011-2017. He was featured in the national magazine Genre in September 2008 for Smartlipo. Local publications include The Atlantan (2009, Piedmont Review (Sept/Oct 2008), Life and Style “Top Docs” 2010, as well as Best Self. He is also a regular guest on the WSB radio “Atlanta Living” hosted by the iconic Belinda Skelton.
Education & Training
1987-1992 – Carson Newman College, Political Science and Biology (Jefferson City, Tennessee)
1993-1995 – University of Tennessee, Exercise Physiology (Knoxville, Tennessee)
1995-1999 – University of Tennessee School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine (Knoxville, Tennessee)
1999-2002 – Internship and Residency in Family Medicine, Atlanta Medical Center (Atlanta, Georgia)
2008-2009 – Fellowship in Anti-Aging Medicine, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Family Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Former Diplomate, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Associate, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Family Medicine, Member
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Member
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Member
- American Society of Laser Medicine
- Former Chair, Continuing Medical Education committee, Atlanta Medical Center
- Former Member, Internal Review Board, Atlanta Medical Center
Certifications & Licensure
- Certification in Botox Treatment of Chronic Migraine Headaches
- Certification in Advanced Fractional C02 Laser Techniques-Deca Lasers
- BHRT Hormone Pellet Placement Training and Certification
- Certification in Sculptra Aesthetic
- Advance Techniques in Botox and Fillers –Aesthetic Advancements
- Certification in Fractional E-C02 Laser by Leutronic
- Awake Liposuction Training Course
- Smartlipo Preceptorship
- Certification in Sculptra for HIV lipoatrophy
- Laser and Light Technologies Laser Certification-Medical Laser Dynamics
- Thermage Body, Face and Eyes Certification