Getting SkinCeuticals Peels in Atlanta
What is SkinCeuticals Peels?
Many people have an aversion to chemical peels because they believe, as the name would suggest, that the skin will peel, and this can be very disruptive for anyone with a busy schedule.
But contrary to popular belief, not every peel makes the skin shed and flake off. They are known as superficial peels, and while patients won’t flake and peel, the peels are still effective without the downtime1. All of the SkinCeuticals peels that we carry at WIFH are in that category.
These peels are safe for all skin types and ethnicities
1. Lee, KC (2019). Basic chemical peeling: Superficial and medium-depth peels. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2019; 81(2): Pages 313-324. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30550830
How Does SkinCeuticals Peels Work?
Getting a chemical peel or simply “peel” is a very popular skin resurfacing procedure. There is a chemical peel available for every skin type and skin condition. There are peels that offer no peeling, meaning the exfoliation does not result in the sloughing of skin2. These are known as superficial peels and we offer a variety of superficial peels formulated by SkinCeuticals, the pioneers of cosmeceutical skincare products.
Each SkinCeuticals peel is done as part of a facial and includes a deep cleanse, peel application, soothing mask and customized products to hydrate and protect the skin.
Age Defying Peel
Revitalizes and repairs dull tired skin while restoring luminosity and preventing future damage. This is a glycolic acid-based peel. Recommended for dry, combination, and sensitive skin.
Will brighten, firm and re-energize tired and stressed skin. This is a glycolic peel that is recommended for all skin types.
Detoxifying treatment will rebalance congested skin. Resulting in a clear glowing complexion. This a salicylic acid peel. Ideal for combination, oily, and acneic skin3.
Nourish & Hydrate
This equalizing treatment will repair, calm and rehydrate even the most sensitive, irritated skin. Leaving the skin soft, supple, and nourished. This is a lactic acid and niacinamide peel. Ideal for dry, dehydrated, sensitive skin4.
2. O’Connor, AA (2018). Chemical peels: A review of current practice. Australasian Journal of Dermatology. 2018; 59 (3): Pages 171-181. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29064096
3. Dayal, S (2017). Jessner’s solution vs. 30% salicylic acid peels: a comparative study of the efficacy and safety in mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. 2017; 16(1): Pages 43-51. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27557589
4. Prestes, PS (2013). Randomized clinical efficacy of superficial peeling with 85% lactic acid versus 70% glycolic acid. Brazilian Annals of Dermatology. 2013; 88(6): Pages 900-905. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24474097
What are the Risks/Side Effects?
The SkinCeuticals Peels are very safe and are very low risk. Redness is probably the worst that could happen.
*This treatment is not safe during pregnancy.
Preparing for SkinCeuticals Peels
The Week Before The Procedure
- 3-5 days before the peel we advise to stop using exfoliating products, acids, and bleaching creams/products.
- Discontinue use of tretinoin (Retin-A) or retinols 24 hours in advance of the peel.
- Do not wax or have a skin treatment like a chemical peel or IPL 2 weeks prior to the treatment.
- Please discontinue Accutane 6 months prior to having any skin treatment or procedure due to skin sensitivity.
The Day of Treatment
There is no real prep involved on the day of treatment. It is always preferred that patients come in with a clean face (no make-up). However, if they are coming from work, we will have them cleanse the face upon arrival.
If patients typically exercise, they will want to do that before coming in for the peel as rigorous activities aren’t recommended for the remainder of the day.
What to Expect During the Procedure
The patient’s skin will be cleansed and prepped for the peel. Each of our SkinCeuticals peels is done as part of a facial, so it will include multiple steps: deep cleanse, peel application, soothing mask, and customized products to nourish and protect the skin.
There is no discomfort with any of the SkinCeuticals peels. They are as relaxing as a facial.
SkinCeuticals peels take approximately 30-45 minutes.
All of these peels pair well with HydraFacial, dermaplaning and microdermabrasion and can be easily added on to all of them.
These peels are a great way to periodically refresh the skin and can be added to any maintenance skin care regimen.
They can be done as frequently as every 2 weeks.
They are perfect for patients who are getting ready for an upcoming event since there is no downtime.
SkinCeuticals Peels Recovery Time
There is no downtime with any of these peels.
Patients are able to apply make-up immediately following treatment.
It is always recommended to keep the skin well hydrated and nourished following all skin treatments and if patients will be out in the sun, we advise them to wear sunscreen.
SkinCeuticals Peels Consultations
We believe consultations are very important when considering any skin treatment. Our consultations give us the opportunity to get to know our patients and understand exactly what they are looking to achieve with their skin. At the consultation patients will meet with one of our medical aestheticians who will put together a treatment plan along with product recommendations for them to consider.
SkinCeuticals Peels Pricing
SkinCeuticals pricing is determined by a patient’s desired number of treatments, which range from $30-$150. Because SkinCeutical Peels do not cause flakiness or skin peeling, many patients opt for numerous treatments. These peels are safe for all skin types, even the most sensitive. They are also customizable and can be paired with many of our skin treatments.
SkinCeuticals Peels FAQs
Do SkinCeuticals Peels hurt?
What do SkinCeuticals Peels treat?
Do SkinCeuticals Peels cause redness?
How do I know which peel is right for my skin?
Can I exercise after receiving my SkinCeuticals Peel?
How should I care for my skin after a peel?
SkinCeuticals Peels Testimonials
*Results vary from person to person and are not guaranteed