Getting Skin Resurfacing in Atlanta
Skin resurfacing does just that; resurfaces. It helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by resurfacing the patient’s skin1. There are two types of skin resurfacing treatments: ablative (requires downtime)2 or non-ablative (requires no downtime)3, these procedures are effective to treat skin issues like sun damage, acne scarring and more.
1. Johnson, D., (2016). Skin Resurfacing Procedures of the Upper Face. Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America. 2016; 24(2): Pages 117-124. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27499470
2. Alexiades-Armenakas, M., (2008). The spectrum of laser skin resurfacing: nonablative, fractional, and ablative laser resurfacing. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2008; 58(5): Pages 738-740. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18423256
3. Ciocon, D., (2011). Non-ablative lasers. Current Problems in Dermatology. 2011; 42: Pages 48-55. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21865798
This is the most aggressive skin resurfacing procedure we offer at WIFH. Fractional cO2 laser tightens the skin, reduces sun damage, shrinks pore sizes, diminishes acne scars4, and smooths fine lines and wrinkles.5 The computer-guided laser creates “micro-wounds” in the skin, and the heat from the laser then enters the wounds to stimulate collagen production. In turn, the result is younger, more vibrant looking skin. There is downtime associated with this treatment, and it is only safe for light skin types.
4. Alexis, A., (2016). Nonablative Fractional Laser Resurfacing for Acne Scarring in Patients With Fitzpatrick Skin Phototypes IV-VI. Dermatologic Surgery. 2016; 42(3): Pages 392-402. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26945321
5. Omi, T., (2014). The Role of the CO2 Laser and Fractional CO2 Laser in Dermatology. Laser Therapy. 2014; 23(1): Pages 49-60. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24771971
Chemical peels are a great skin resurfacing option for many patients and are typically broken up into three categories: Superficial peels, Medium peels, and Deep peels.6 Superficial peels are peels that do not result in the sloughing of skin. Medium depth peels offer moderate peeling, and deep peels offer extensive skin peeling and are performed under sedation by a doctor. At WIFH, we offer the full line of VI Peels (medium depth), and SkinCeuticals peels (superficial). All of our peels are safe for all skin types and skin conditions.
6. O’Connor, A., (2018). Chemical peels: A review of current practice. Australasian Journal of Dermatology. 2018; 59 (3): Pages 171-181. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29064096
Microdermabrasion is a skin resurfacing or exfoliating procedure that improves the appearance of sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, melasma, dull skin, large pores, hyperpigmentation, acne, and scarring.6 It is also the most affordable skin resurfacing procedure available and delivers immediate results. At WIFH, we use the latest technology, DermaSweep MD, to ensure patients get the best results. This is a great way to improve the health of a patient’s skin or as a part of a skin maintenance regimen.
7. El-Domyati, M (2016). Microdermabrasion: a clinical, histometric, and histopathologic study. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. 2016; 15(4): Pages 503-513. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27357600
Before & After Photos
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed.
Skin Resurfacing FAQs
What is the difference between ablative and non-ablative skin resurfacing?
Ablative resurfacing procedures cut the skin, non-ablative procedures do not.
Is skin resurfacing painful?
Resurfacing procedures such as micro fractional CO2 will use a topical anesthetic to numb the skin, so the patient is comfortable during treatment. Non-ablative skin resurfacing typically does not require any numbing as they are well tolerated without.
Does skin resurfacing treat acne?
It can help keep acne at bay8 By resurfacing the skin, it exfoliates the dead skin allowing the pores to breath. This will prevent them from getting clogged and a break-out erupting.