Is miraDry® Covered by Insurance?

miraDry® may soon be the number one procedure for dealing with hyperhidrosis, or excessive underarm sweating. Our patients see great results with this procedure, and we highly recommend it for people who suffer with the issue of excessive underarm sweat and odor.

The miraDry® procedure destroys the sweat glands under your arms. Disabling the sweat glands in your armpits does not impede your body from being able to cool itself, in fact our bodies have over 2 million sweat glands but less than 2% are in the underarm area. Your body will still be able to cool itself without these glands being operable with the other 98%. Once these glands are destroyed, they do not return, providing long lasting results. If you’re thinking this procedure sounds too good to be true then your next question is probably how much does it cost? and is miraDry®covered by insurance?

What is the Cost of miraDry®?

Your consultation to find out if miraDry is right for you is free. If you choose to follow through with the procedure at WIFH, the cost of the first miraDry® procedure is $2,650, but often there are monthly specials so be sure to check those out. Results vary from person to person; on average our patients see between 70% to 90% reduction in sweat and odor production with just one treatment.

While everyone is thrilled with their results, there are some patients that want to see if they can get additional reduction by having a second treatment. If you chose to have a second procedure, the cost of miraDry® is significantly discounted, the cost is $995. Less than 10% need or opt to have a second treatment.

Is miraDry® Covered by Insurance?

Whether or not your insurance covers miraDry® is dependent on your individual insurance plan. That being said, it has been our experience that miraDry® is not covered by most insurance plans, even with a diagnosis of hyperhidrosis. Again, though, check with your individual plan.

We have had many of our patients successfully use their company’s HSA (Health Savings Account) and FSA (flexible spending account) plans. We also work with Care Credit, they are a medical finance company and we offer their 12, 18 and 24 month no interest finance plans for those who qualify. You may apply by visiting www.carecredit.com or by calling 800.365.8295.

Long Lasting Results With miraDry® at WIFH

At WIFH, we use a tumescent technique when we perform miraDry®. This technique allows for a total block, so we are able to treat the symptoms of hyperhidrosis at the highest power the miraDry® device offers. In fact, 90% of our patients only require one treatment and on average achieve an 85% reduction in sweat and odor with this one treatment. All or our patients indicate the cost of miraDry® was worth every penny. This procedure is really life changing.

Schedule your free consultation today and see if miraDry® is right for you.