Bikini Laser Hair Removal
Getting Bikini Laser Hair Removal in Atlanta
There are lots of options and styles when it comes to maintaining the bikini area. Why is bikini laser hair removal a good alternative to shaving? Shaving is a standard practice, but it has its drawbacks:
- Shaving is time consuming.
- Effective management requires shaving frequently.
- Can be difficult to safely shave those sensitive, hard to reach areas.
- Knicks and cuts.
- Razor burn.
- Ingrown hairs.
- Shaving is costly, constantly having to purchase razors and shaving cream.
- Results are temporary, sometimes only a day or two.
Some people opt for plucking and waxing. While this provides periods of smooth, hair-free skin consider this:
- Patients have to grow hair to approximately ¼” before waxing.
- Waxing is painful.
- Can cause skin irritation.
- Ingrown hairs.
- Results are temporary, approximately a couple of weeks.
- Expensive, due to the frequency and gratuity.
Options for Bikini Line Laser Hair Removal
Bikini line laser hair removal is our most popular laser hair removal packages.
Laser hair removal for the bikini line can be any style, meaning we can do just the bikini line, we can do a modified Brazilian, or a full Brazilian. Our bikini package also includes the line of hair some women have extending from the base of their navel down to the pubic area.
Each of our packages includes 8-sessions and these sessions are spaced 6 weeks apart. To prepare for each appointment we ask patients to come in shaven the way they would like to look. In essence, patients are setting a pattern for us. Where they shave is where we will laser.
Bikini Laser Hair Removal Benefits1
- It’s long-lasting. Patients will have less and less hair after each treatment. The end goal is to have 75% to 90% bikini hair reduction.
- Laser hair removal for bikinis takes very little time: 15 minutes, every six weeks for 8-sessions (2 hours total).
- Patients can get any style they want for the same price (bikini line, modified Brazilian or full Brazilian).
- Bikini laser hair removal eliminates ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
- Patients can shave between laser hair removal sessions, so no periods of embarrassing hair growth like with waxing.
- Affordable. When patients look over time and money they’d spend on waxing and/or shaving products over a lifetime, laser hair removal offers significant savings. We offer monthly specials and affordable payment options.
- Smooth skin.
Bikini Line Laser Hair Removal Process
What to Expect During Treatment at WIFH
The bikini laser hair removal process is very quick, each appointment lasts no more than 15 minutes. Unlike waxing, we want patients to maintain the area between appointments by shaving. Because the laser hair removal process is permanent, patients will have less and less hair after each and every treatment. The hairs will become finer, appear lighter in color and they grow back very slowly.
We’re often asked, “how painful is bikini laser hair removal?” While laser hair removal isn’t painless, it isn’t painful either. Patients who have waxed previously say it is similar. If patients are worried they will be uncomfortable, we can write a prescription for a numbing serum that is compounded exclusively for our patients.
Expectations for Bikini Line Hair Reduction
After completing 8 sessions of laser hair removal on the bikini area, a typical patient sees anywhere from a 75% to 90% permanent hair reduction.2 Permanent, meaning that hair will never grow back. Do not be misled by other laser hair removal facilities that tell say patients will never shave again, this is simply not true. Our goal is that patients only have to whisk away a few hairs once or twice a month as maintenance.
- McDaniel DH (1999). Laser hair removal: a review and report on the use of the long-pulsed alexandrite laser for hairreduction of the upper lip, leg, back, and bikini region. Dermatological Surgery. 1999; 25(6): Pages 425-430. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10469087
- 2. Lloyd JR (2000). Long-term evaluation of the long-pulsed alexandrite laser for the removal of bikini hair at shortened treatment intervals. Dermatologic Surgery. 2000; 26(7): Pages 633-637. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10886269