From lean meats to natural fats, there are lots of foods that can help patients better manage calories, improve skin elasticity and help get rid of cellulite overall.
Quick Tips on Foods that Reduce Cellulite
When it comes to physical concerns, our patients typically place cellulite at the top of the list. But why do patients want to reduce cellulite? It’s not pathological or a symptom of any illness or even of bad health. In fact, many people without a lot of body fat can and do have cellulite!
It may be harmless, but cellulite can impact how smoothly clothes fit and erode some patients’ confidence. Here are a few quick ways to reduce cellulite with foods many patients love:
- Eat meals on a schedule: Some experts say eating meals on a schedule helps the brain know when to expect food and makes people much less likely to snack in between meals.
- Eat healthy fats: Healthy fats include nuts, seeds, avocado and olive oil and they’re believed to help with weight loss and cellulite. What’s more, they can be very filling – important when cutting back on how much a person eats overall.
- Avoid yo-yo dieting: Going up and down in weight is believed to contribute to cellulite development by reducing skin’s elasticity. Think about what happens to the skin after weight loss or gain or delivering a baby. The lack of elasticity plays a significant role in the appearance of cellulite. Instead of starvation diets, try eating more lean proteins and leafy greens overall.
- Drink more water: Not necessarily considered a food, it is still believed to be a critical part of the diet if cellulite is something a person is trying to banish. Fat cells may look more prominent under dehydrated skin. Drinking water through the day could plump up and smooth out some of the dimply areas caused by cellulite.
- Have some green tea: This relaxing drink is believed to speed up the metabolism, inhibiting fat absorption and even aiding in glucose regulation. Try a cup in the morning and another in the evening.
Like all natural weight loss efforts, getting rid of cellulite with healthy foods takes time, effort and commitment. Even after cellulite removal treatments like Cellulaze, it still makes sense for patients to keep their bodies in top shape by eating healthier.