Your options for hair removal may seem endless. Creams. Shaving. Threading. Waxing. When you want a more permanent hair removal solution, laser hair removal could be just the treatment for you to rid yourself of unwanted body hair.
Don’t be fooled by the promise of stubble-free living, when you’re considering laser hair removal it’s best to do your research. That way, you know the facts and possible side effects before treatment. Our clinicians know that there are many pros to getting laser beyond hair removal – more on that later.
At WIFH, we want to make sure laser hair removal is right for you. Scroll down for what you need to know before booking your appointment.
Hair Removal for All
One of the perks of laser hair removal is that it works on all skin tones. To be a good candidate, your hair just needs to be dark enough to be seen by the laser.
While in the past, laser hair removal was not safe for darker skin tones, this is not the case anymore! Laser hair removal is safe and effective for all skin types provided the right laser used.
How Do I Prepare for Laser Hair Removal?
Before your visit to WIFH for a laser hair removal service, you’ll want to prepare by shaving the treated area and avoid wearing make-up.
For optimal results, you’ll want to make sure you have prepped properly before each laser hair removal visit:
- The treatment area must be cleanly shaved within 24 hours before laser hair removal. Our experts recommend you shy away from electric razors as your hair is typically left too long for the procedure. A good old-fashioned razor will do the trick.
- Only shave the area. Do not pluck, tweeze, or wax the area between or prior to laser hair removal sessions.
- Watch your sun exposure and skip the fake tanning products. These should not be used 3-4 weeks before your treatment. We suggest that you thoroughly exfoliate the treatment area to remove all residues from these and other beauty products.
Our clinicians are well-known as some of the best laser hair treatment experts in the area. Contact us to schedule a consultation to learn more about how we can help you at WIFH in Atlanta, GA.
What to Expect After Laser Hair Removal
Patience is a virtue…
Trust us, patience pays off. For many patients, it takes two–three weeks after your first treatment to see a difference, and 8 laser hair removal treatments to achieve the full result.
Give it time and stay consistent with your appointments. Your hair follicles are at different stages of their growth, therefore, you’ll see the best results with multiple sessions.
Will I Need to Have a Laser Hair Removal Touch-up?
Most patients report at least a 75-90% permanent reduction in hair growth. If you are treating the face and neck, we do recommend periodic touch-up treatments after you complete your 8-session package. Hormones can stimulate hair growth on the face and neck so maintaining your reduction with touch-up sessions as needed will help to keep the hair away.
Other Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser treatment can lead to permanent hair reduction of course, but it offers so much more than just hair removal! It also reduces razor burn, ingrown hairs, irritation and provides clear, smooth skin.
- Laser hair removal is great for all skin tones! Light skin to dark skin can all see major benefits from this treatment and see lasting stubble-free living!
- Patience is key. The hair follicles are all at different stages of growth and giving it time after treatment will help you see better results by making sure that each hair can be treated.
- It’s more than just hair removal! You can banish ingrown hairs and see clearer, smoother skin.
Talk Laser with the Experts at WIFH
We hope you’re ready to experience the difference of laser hair removal for yourself. Our laser hair removal experts are here to help answer all your questions about the treatment and make sure it’s a great fit for you.
Schedule your consultation at our Atlanta Medspa to speak with our specialists. We can’t wait to see you strut out of our office feeling an extra boost of confidence!