- Do you have excessive underarm sweating?
- Do you suffer from underarm odor?
- Have you ruined clothes because of your underarm sweating?
- Tired of ruining black with your white deodorant?
- Do you frequently reapply deodorants and antiperspirants?
- Would you rather not have to apply topical chemicals like deodorants and antiperspirants?
- Tried prescription antiperspirants or even injections to slow the sweating?
- Do you experience anxious sweating when giving presentations or in social settings?
If you answered “yes” to any of these you are a candidate for our newest procedure: miraDry.
For years we have been looking for a procedure to effectively eliminate underarm sweating. You may even recall back in 2009 we tried using our Smartlipo laser to curb underarm sweating, which was effectively used in Brazil.
We found the results to be mixed. It has always been our philosophy to only offer procedures that really work, so we quickly abandoned this method as a solution to underarm sweating. Up until now the only effective treatment we found were Botox injections, but they only slowed the sweating and it required ongoing treatments to maintain the reduction and over the long term this becomes costly.
We have continued to look for an effective solution and we are pleased to announce we have found what we believe is that solution. We are excited to announce we now offer miraDry!
miraDry is a safe, effective, non-invasive, non-surgical procedure to eliminate sweat and odor glands in the underarm area. It was approved by the FDA back in 2011 and over 20,000 procedures have been performed and it carries an 89% satisfaction rate on realself.com. Our initial patients are reporting, no sweating!
miraDry uses a hand piece applied to the skin surface that delivers timed microwave technology. These microwaves heat and destroy the sweat and odor glands below the skins surface.
Because these glands do not regenerate this is a permanent solution to reduce sweat and odor for good.
miraDry is performed right here in our office using tumescent, local anesthesia. The same technique we use with our Smartlipo and Cellulaze procedures. Our anesthetic technique is what makes our miraDry procedure different from those already offering the same procedure around town.
Rather than administering 75-100 lidocaine injections to the underarm area, we administer only one. At this same location we will enter the skin with a tiny infusion needle to infuse the numbing solution to the area. This fluid is what we call a numbing pillow and it has several benefits.
- It allows for more complete and uniform blocking of the nerves, making this procedure comfortable and painless.
- It lifts the skin away from the nerves creating a cooling barrier or buffer between the surface of the skin where the energy will be delivered and the underlying nerves.
Why is this important? We are able to use the highest power miraDry offers. In most cases we are able to disable the sweat and odor glands in just one treatment.
Like we mentioned previously, the current technique being used by most practices utilize a series of localized lidocaine injections which prevent them from using the highest power due to the patient experiencing very painful “hot spots” during the treatment. Therefore, they are only able deliver half the power required to disable the sweat glands which results in having to follow up with a second treatment.
miraDry takes about an hour and a half in our office. You are able to drive yourself home. Most patients experience some swelling and tenderness in the treated area anywhere from 3-7 days. Results are immediate, so right after treatment, NO MORE SWEATING!
To learn more about the miraDry procedure call our office to schedule your complimentary consultation. It’s time to be hot without the sweat.