Food and cellulite – these seemingly terrible twins have been blamed for ruining many a beach body. But what if we told you that there are ways to use food to fight cellulite? That’s right. From lean meats to natural fats, there are lots of foods that can help you better manage calories, improve skin elasticity and help get rid of cellulite overall.
Why Get Rid of Cellulite?
When it comes to physical concerns, our patients typically place cellulite at the top of the list. But why get rid of cellulite? It’s not pathological or a symptom of any illness or even of bad health per se. In fact, many thin people can and do have cellulite!
It may be harmless, but the fact is cellulite bulges and lumps can impact how smoothly clothes fit and erode your confidence. Here are a few quick ways to reduce cellulite with foods you will love:
- Eat meals on a schedule: Some experts say this will help your brain to know when to expect food and make you much less likely to snack in between meals.
- Eat healthy fats: Healthy fats include nuts, seeds, avocado and olive oil and they’re believed to help with weight loss and cellulite. What’s more, they can be very filling – important when you’re cutting back on how much you eat overall.
- Avoid yo-yo dieting: Going up and down in weight is believed to contribute to cellulite development by reducing skin’s elasticity. Think about what happens to your skin after you gain and lose weight or deliver a baby. The lack of elasticity plays a significant role in the appearance of cellulite. Instead of starvation diets, try eating more lean proteins and leafy greens overall.
- Drink more water: Not necessarily considered a food, it is still believed to be a critical part of your diet if cellulite is something you’re trying to banish. Fat cells may look more prominent under dehydrated skin – drinking water through the day could plump up and smooth out some of the dimply areas caused by cellulite.
- Have some green tea: This relaxing drink is believed to speed up the metabolism, inhibiting fat absorption and even aiding in glucose regulation. Try a cup in the morning and another in the evening and see if you notice a change.
Like all natural weight loss efforts, getting rid of cellulite with healthy foods takes time, effort and commitment. Even after cellulite removal treatments like our amazing Cellulaze, it still makes sense to keep your body in top shape by eating healthier. Give it a try – you’ve got nothing to lose but stubborn pounds!