Male Laser Hair Removal: Because Modern Men “Manscape”
At WIFH we understand men have their own unique needs when it comes to laser hair removal. We also understand dealing with unwanted hair on any area of the body can be an embarrassing subject. We pride ourselves on making all of our patients feel comfortable while delivering the best results at the best value and that is no exception when it comes to men’s laser hair removal.
Men naturally have thicker, denser hair than woman do, which requires substantial expertise to treat effectively and safely:
- Most of our male patients tolerate laser hair removal treatment with minimal discomfort. A numbing agent can be prescribed if you see that you need it.
- Caucasian men having laser hair removal should use sunscreen and limit sun exposure while undergoing laser hair removal treatments. We can obtain better results if your skin stays light.
- The laser is attracted to the pigment found in the hair. It is important to note that the laser will not be effective on hairs that are blonde, gray or white.
- At WIFH, we can safely treat darker skin types when providing laser hair removal for men. We use the YAG laser to treat darker skin types. We have extensive experience treating dark skin; our patients represent 52 different nationalities.
- We have treated any area of the body you can think of, there are none too sacred. Some worth noting are the back, chest, abs, neck, face, ears, buttocks, bikini, scalps, hands, arms, legs and feet. We also offer custom packages to meet your unique male laser hair removal needs.
Watch Dr. Kulkin Talk About “Manscaping” on CBS 46
Laser Hair Removal for Men: Noteworthy Areas and What to Expect
Facial and Neck Hair
Typically men with lighter skin types deal with razor burn on their face and neck, while men with darker skin types suffer with ingrown hairs and bumps some even causing discoloration of the skin. Regardless of your skin color, we can tell you without a doubt that laser hair removal will correct these issues.
Most of our male patients have tried every product on the market to eliminate painful razor burn and unsightly razor bumps only to be disappointed.
Before you spend a penny on laser hair removal services for your face and neck, we make all of our male patients aware that they will need to come back to our office about 2-3 times each year after completing an 8-session package, in order to maintain their smooth results.
Chest, Abs, and Back
The chest, abs and back are some of the more common areas we are asked to treat for laser hair removal for men. Hair on the chest area is quite dense and the hair is typically very dark. As a result, this area responds beautifully to laser treatments. It is important to note; you can attain approximately a 75%-90% reduction in hair in these areas. It is medically impossible to be 100% hair free, and we caution everyone to be wary of places that tell you that all of your hair will be gone, as it’s simply not true.
While women have been waxing and lasering their bikini areas for many years, men are beginning to request this service in greater numbers. As we do for women, we request that you shave the area the way you would like for it to look, so in essence you are setting out a pattern for us. When undergoing bikini laser hair removal, we can treat as much or as little of the area as you would like. Some men choose to use a topical numbing agent before their laser hair removal treatments to make the experience more comfortable.
While the scalp can be treated (especially on the side of the head in balding men) it is an area that needs continued follow up laser hair removal treatments. This area is actually very sensitive and a prescribed topical numbing ointment is recommended for comfort.